Thursday, October 27, 2011

Contentment

Hebrews 13:5- "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Being content, it is something you are instructed to do by parents, teachers, grandparents, and others alike, but how often do we actually practice it? I am sure you are wondering why there is a picture of a young Amish school girl, but that is in fact, actually me. Not sure the age, but I am sure it still wasn't in style at that time. Looking back at pictures from childhood I realize that past superfluous wants, I was content. The older I get the more I see that I begin to question God's plan and become less content with the place God has me. However, when I examine my relationship with God I believe they are directly related. My discontent has everything to do with the lack of communication I have with my Father. The more time I put into the Word, the more I see the childlike faith displayed in my life. I say that all to say this. Putting your faith in the Lord doesn't take all of your problems away, but it does show you they are opportunities in disguise.

To do a quick catch up on what's going on with me, nursing school is challenging, yet rewarding in many ways. Rewarding because of the friendships created with other classmates, relationships with my patients, and having a storehouse of medical terminology I can throw around. Challenging because of tests upon tests and paperwork galore. I can say I am very excited about Halloween coming up because of the tons of haunted houses that are open! I love being scared! Well that is to a point, because I don't love being scared alone in my house. I do love getting a group together and going to haunted houses though, it's so interesting to see the way people react. You have the talker, they talk back to every monster/ghost/murderer that presents them self as if they are having a normal conversation and they are not scared and they just want to know what's going on in this person's day. There is the clinger, they do just that, cling to whatever is near with a death grip and bury their head in the back of the unsuspecting bystanders clothing. They are targeted frequently. Then there are the runners, they seem fine to begin with, but then all of a sudden they just booked it out of there because turns out, they were really scared. Couldn't forget the combative ones, they literally look for opportunities to knock these poor people out if they accidentally brush them while trying to scare them. Am I forgetting anybody? Ohh the screamers...their characteristics can fit into other categories as well, but are characterized by a high pitch squeal (not gender specific) with every single thing that happens. This includes when the tour guide is pointing out where the emergency exits are. Then there are always those who stay chill the entire time. I have never been one of those, I jump when I hear my roommate unlocking the door when I am home. Anwyays, I hope you all have a lovely time with your Halloween plans. Sorry I take awhile to post. I don't want you guys to get tired of me :)

Journey with Jesus,
Lauren

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? - Matthew 6:25

No comments:

Post a Comment